Neck Gasket Dicky
More than one neck in your Vacbed?
Then you need more than one neck gasket in your arsenal!
If you have multiple users who like the neck gasket option in your vacbed and you find that one size of neck gasket doesn’t work for everyone, purchasing a second "Neck Gasket Dicky" for users with a smaller neck is a good option. These are designed to reduce the size of a neck gasket temporarily, which provides a tighter seal.
Dickies only work on a neck size that is SMALLER than the gasket currently in your vacbed. There is no benefit to ordering one of these if the issue is that your neck is larger than your currently installed neck gasket. If this is the case, please contact us about getting the neck gasket changed out for a larger one.
- The dicky is a large, square of latex with a centre mounted neck gasket. To use, shine the top of the dicky and place your head through it BEFORE you get into your vacuum item. It will look a bit like you are wearing a latex mock-turtleneck before getting into the vacbed.
- Get into the vacbed and position yourself comfortably inside.
- Press the front, back and sides of the square around the dicky against the inside of the top-sheet of the vacbed. If you have shined it prior to getting into the bed, it should be a bit tacky and help with the seal.
- Smooth any wrinkles and press out any bubbles.
- You are ready to suction down your vacbed!
This addition will give you a much better seal than wearing a neck gasket that is sized incorrectly. It is, however, less airtight than buying a bed that is sized correctly just for you. That being said, you should still be able to turn off your vacuum for long periods of time (5-10 min) before needing quick bursts of the vacuum to maintain suction.